Nonetheless, I'm thrilled, to say the least. It's been a long and almost tumultuous wait, and I'm truly thankful that the Lord has provided me with such a favourable answer. :) I'm also relieved, of course, since I now enjoy greater certainty, career/salary-wise - although I can't really see teaching as a big money-making "career". At the risk of sounding ignorant, teaching's just not one of those jobs where you exploit situations and sleep your way to the top. At least not from my point of view.
Now, I can only pray that I'll be able to remain focused on my aim and make God proud. I'd really hate to be one of those teachers who start out all passionate and driven, only to end up debilitated and constantly snarling at the System. If that ever happens, please, slap me.
In the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my time off before I dive right back into the workforce. Oh, how I'm gonna miss you, long and lazy days. I know I'm gonna look back very fondly on you when I have my head buried in exam scripts.
I'm feeling: Gratified
I'm listening to: Space Oddity - David Bowie
I'm listening to: Space Oddity - David Bowie
No comments:
Post a Comment