Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The child in me

Every Tuesday morning feels like Christmas morning.

I wake up all happy and excited as I eagerly turn on my computer and log on to Threadless. The anticipation as the page loads is exactly like unwrapping a present. Then, the new designs pop up on screen and I start ooh-ing and aah-ing at the ones I like, all the time keeping a mental note to get them as soon as the $10 sale is on. Heh.

Most of the new designs this week didn't quite strike a chord with me, but this one, I absolutely love:

A Spaceboy Retrospective by Kevin Tong


I adore the colours on this one, and there's a certain feel-good nostalgia about this. It brings me back to my childhood where imaginations ran wild and imaginary friends were aplenty. I remember days when I ran up and down the stairs pretending to be a cop, a burglar, a chef in a busy restaurant, a fireman, a modern-day hunter, an astronaut, a doctor... All my stuffed toys would play their roles to perfection and there were no dramas between them cos I always made sure I rotated their leading-man status. (I've always been fair, even to my toys.) Then my parents would come home and get really mad when they've realised I've not done any homework all day. And there'll be more running up and down the stairs as I try to escape their fury, complete with a cane in hand.

Ah, the memories. :)

I'm feeling: Sentimental
I'm listening to: So Long, So Long - Dashboard Confessional

No comments: