I was touched by the grace of God - His truly wondrous grace - in two separate services yesterday. No words can describe how unworthy (but thankful) I am of the Lord's neverending love. Let me just leave you with the hymn and song that really spoke to me:
It is a thing most wonderful
It is a thing most wonderful,
Almost too wonderful to be,
That God's own Son should come from heaven
And die to save a child like me.
And yet I know that it is true:
He came to this poor world below,
And wept and toiled and mourned and died,
Only because He loved us so.
I cannot tell how He could love
A child so weak and full of sin;
His love must be most wonderful,
If He could die my love to win.
I sometimes think about His cross,
And shut me eyes, and try to see
The cruel nails, and crown of thorns,
And Jesus crucified for me.
But even could I see Him die,
I could but see a little part
Of that great love which, like a fire,
Is always burning in His heart.
It is most wonderful to know
His love for me so free and sure;
But 'tis love more wonderful to see
My love for Him so faint and poor.
And yet I want to love Thee, Lord:
Oh, light the flame within my heart,
And I will love Thee more and more
Until I see Thee as Thou art!
- - -
Your Favorite Name is Father
Almighty God
Lord of all creation
Ancient of days
The Holy One
So many names You've given us to call You
But one remains
Your favorite name
[Chorus]
Your favorite name is Father
You love to hear Your children calling
You're there to catch us when we're falling
Your favorite name is Father
Eternal King
Alpha and Omega
Jehovah God
The mighty One
So many names You've given us to call You
But one remains
Your favorite name
[Bridge]
Abba Father
Holy is Your name
Abba Father
Holy is Your name
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment