Tuesday, July 18, 2006

This Chook can cook

Bookmarking allrecipes.com was the first sign. Sifting through the pages of mouthwatering recipes, I found myself getting incredibly excited to the extent that I was plotting out full meals. I probably have enough saved in my recipe box for 3 meals now. Quite a considerable achievement if you think about the fact that before this - even when I was in Brisbane and had to prepare my own meals - cooking was never on the top of my list. I always shrugged cooking duties off to my two more apt friends. So, this sudden interest in the culinary has certainly got friends and family wondering if I have been possessed by a spatula.

Perhaps it's some kind of quarter-life crisis, if there's even such a thing, but I have cooked twice, in as many weeks, and I plan to have another cooking extravaganza soon. I have honestly never felt more satisfied and accomplished than with the success I get out of each dish. All that chopping and grating and sautéing is done with buckets of care just to ensure everything is perfect.

Of course, they don't always turn out perfect, but instead of waving it off like what I'd usually do, I resolved at improving. There's something I never knew could be possible: that I can be resolute. This new found interest is certainly bringing out a whole different side of me - determined & domesticated.

Here are the pictures from our last cook-in which was supposed to be a birthday treat for Min (I forgot to take photos of our actual meal so had to take the leftovers instead):

We started off with a bit of herb bread...


And here we have the Garden Pasta Salad, which went down very well with everyone. ;)


Can't have a meal without your veggies!


And here's the main course - Garlic Chicken - baked to perfection.


All satisfied after the meal, Min is presented with gifts from Huaiky...


And gifts from myself and Dia, Nessa and Hui who were all MIA.


I'm feeling: Productive
I'm listening to: Gravity - Embrace

No comments: